January 17, 2012

Seeing Stripes

I was commissioned to paint a 13 year old girl's room all zebra striped! I had never painted any sort of print like this on a wall before, so I was really excited to give it a go!



Started off with 4 different thumbnails that the family could look at. Everyone had a different opinion, but it came down to what "J", the young girl, wanted. She picked #3.
So I got to it! I sketched the lines out by hand, and I just had at it with the paint!

For a first time painting on a wall like this, I'd say it didn't come out too shabby!







I'm definitely willing to do this again! Apparently now all of "J"'s friends want a cool animal print accent wall. haha.

2 comments:

Miked 77 said...

Does you Dad get a 15 % commission?

Unknown said...

how long did it take you to do this? This is great